Today I chose to treasure the ones I love:)

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tonsillectomy Thursday

Ella had her tonsillectomy on Thursday and she was such a brave girl. Much braver than her mother. I had a very hard time keeping it together as they were wheeling my baby daughter off to the OR. I was feeling very brave until the Nurse Anesthetist pulled me out of her room just before taking her and reminded me of the chance of death from anesthesia. "BRING HER BACK! I'VE CHANGED MY MIND!" is what I wanted to shriek at the top of my lungs as I struggled not to fall into a million pieces at the sheer thought of it. I went back into her room, prayed with her and sent her off in the hands of a perfect stranger. God is good and he protected her and kept her through her surgery. Who thought a tonsillectomy could be so stressful for a mother?

Ella did great, she was nauseous and vomited up blood three times after her surgery, but once she got over her nausea she slept peacefully for the rest of the day. I'm so thankful that is over with. Here are a couple pictures of her in recovery. Such a courageous and beautiful young lady.



Hazel was very worried about her sister when she first came in to see her. She was relieved to see Ella waking up, and so was I!

1 comment:

  1. aww.. sweet Ella...
    praying for her.. your mom told me what happened last night..

    ReplyDelete